Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rogers City

We all went up to see my wife’s parents this last weekend, up in Rogers City, Michigan, on the shore of Lake Huron.  I was able to get out and capture a few shots.

A freighter passing close as it leaves the limestone quarry.

Rogers City 09192010

A cormorant was taking a walk along the beach.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Cannibal, a boat that has seen better days, sits forlornly near the waters edge.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This small flower was sunning himself on the beach at Hoeft State Park.

Rogers City 09182010

2 comments:

  1. I really love what you have captured here. There are so many different elements. My favorite is the basking berries. E enjoy the shadows and textures here.

    I like the not so fierce "Cannibal" sitting alone...waiting? better days indeed.

    It's nice to see you and take a few to enjoy your work. It's soooo "Not Spammy"

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. It was scary when it disappeared, but it is back now. I am glad you like the pics. It was fun taking them. I am hoping to get some more for the exhibit out of them.

    ReplyDelete