Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Little Bit of Nature

I took a walk around Bay City State Recreation Area this morning, and was fortunate to find that nature was still there, going strong.   I could hear many birds, although most of them remained hidden.  A couple of them did come out where I could see them, however.  So here are a couple shots from my morning walk.

Here it that dang chipmunk again.  He won’t stop following me.  Every time I go out to take pictures, he shows up somewhere along the path.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A Great Blue Heron, hunting in the shallows of the pond.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This small woodpecker did not seem to mind my presence.  He finally stopped moving long enough for me to snap this shot.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This wildflower, however, sat very still for me.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you will join me for my next nature walk, too.

2 comments:

  1. You need to get a court order for that "stalkmonk" of yours. By the load in his cheeks, he's campin out for a while.

    I love your wildflower and the dew on the leaves. Absolutely gorgeous. I also thought the woodpecker was cute! you have some patience to sit and wait for him.

    These were great! I'm glad you got to go out and spend some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess, as always, for the kind words and encouragement. I cannot claim patience on the woodpecker. I was stalking the chipmunk and realized he was right next to me. Ignoring me. But that is just as well.

    ReplyDelete