Wednesday, September 15, 2010

An Evening on the Front Porch

Or, what to do while waiting for the door to door gutter salesman to make his measurements.

Yesterday we were visited by a salesman who had stopped by to measure the house for new gutters.  While Wendy and I waited on the front porch, I began to notice some interesting things (OK Wendy noticed most of them).  I grabbed my camera, which is always ready to go, and I began shooting.

Apparently, some mud dauber wasps decided to rent some space on our front window.  Fortunately, they moved out by the time I found the nest.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Hmmmm, I think I saw this guy in a Disney cartoon once.  Picture a coat and top hat.  “When you wish upon a star…….”  (wait, that was a cricket.  Never mind).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This moth was about 2 1/2 inches long.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Thanks for stopping by!  I love your company.  Something rather exciting is developing (for me anyway), regarding my pictures.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Cute. so while gutterman was ...guttering, you were clicking away and saying "uuhhh huhhhhh. Yep. Oh I see...Sure. yep." oh no wait, that's what I'D do. ;)

    I love them and Jiminy's cousin tried hard to sing that song. His tux came back from the cleaners and it was too small. They turned him away saying he looked like a broken mantis. Poor guy.

    "Noooobody knoooows the TROUBLE ahhhve seeeeen"

    The moth was his agent you know.
    Thanks for posting. It's fun to play over here!
    Can't wait for your big news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Tess, you got it just about right. There had been a rainbow too, but the pics did not turn out too good, so I did not post them. I don't know if you noticed, but the grasshopper is missing a leg. Maybe that is why he did not get the part in the movie.

    ReplyDelete