Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Weekend Walk

I finally got out to go on a safari today.  It has been a long time, what with work, kids activities, and some personal health issues.  But today the weather was perfect, and I got out.  I just went to the local park and boat launch, at the end of our road, but it was a wonderful outing.

The orange lilies were in bloom, a sure way to know you are in the middle of summer.

P7030711

A goldfinch hiding in some weeds.

P7030714

One of the challenges I have set for myself is to try to find beauty, or at least interest, in even the most common items.  This is the old gazebo in the park, in need of some TLC.

P7030694

My safari took a real turn toward the better when I looked down by the boat launch.  A great egret and a mallard were there, and did not seem to mind me at all.

P7030731

P7030749

A large group of Canada geese decided to move into the cove along the edge of the river.

P7030770

It was very good to get out again and take pictures.  The park was nearly empty of other people, and it was quiet, except for all the birds.  Very relaxing.  Perhaps the best part, for me, was the results of a test I was conducting.  I just purchased a new, rather high tech shoulder strap for my camera.  I have been having some problems with my neck, and having a camera hanging off it was making it worse.  But this new strap worked beautifully at keeping the weight on the shoulder, and I felt no stress, strain or pain!

2 comments:

  1. I really like all the textures,colors ...everything here. The gazebo is great and the Lilly is gorgeous. I do love the finch. It is really clear that you enjoyed this time and your surroundings.

    I think I appreciate your ability to snap on the go so easily and giving it such finesse when you are finished. Talent my friend. I love it. Don't stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww shucks.....Flattery will get you anywhere ;)

    Thanks Tess. I do love a good walk in the woods, even with the skeeters. And a camera to snap with? Just makes it better. Glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete