Friday, July 22, 2011

Kitchen Close Ups

Well my photo project is nearing an end.  It has not worked quite as I wanted.  I was suppose to take a close up each day, but at times I have missed days and had to take 2 or 3 at a time to make up.  I have learned a lesson – do not plan projects like this when you will be taking a major cross country vacation.

Some good news though, I have many MANY pictures from Pennsylvania and Virginia, and will have lots of pictures to post.  Pictures that are NOT close ups!

But now, back to the subject at hand.  Today my inspiration hit me while cooking some pasta for a salad.  And so the theme of todays close up entries:  Kitchen Close Ups.

The spray nozzle on a can of non-stick spray:

Day 25

The clock on my microwave oven (bet you cannot guess what time I took this picture!):

day 27

And my favorite, the flame on my gas stove:

day 26 blue flame

I will be getting back to my usual varied assortment of subjects, especially nature and wildlife, soon.  Thanks for bearing with me while I experiment.  And, as always, thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say my favorite is the flame. The others are cool but this is the one. I love the way it bleeds out, losing definition ... nicely done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is my favorite too. An unusual subject, but visually appealing. The others are cute subjects, but the flame is dramatic, in my humble opinion.

    Thanks for visiting my friend.

    ReplyDelete