Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Storm Clouds

Yesterday evening we were watching my son’s Little League Baseball game, when the game was rudely interrupted by the wailing sound of the tornado warning siren.   Fortunately for us, the actual tornado was north of Bay City.  After the storms passed, and the setting sun started to peak out again, the billowing storm clouds in the distance were lit up with a golden light.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAP5310070P5310072P5310073

These photographs simply do not do justice to the awesome nature of those clouds.  It never ceases to amaze me how much beauty there can be in something as violent as a thunderstorm.

Thank God there were no serious injuries in the tornado that hit Bay County last night.  Several buildings were damaged, and many trees came down, but no one was hurt bad.  My thoughts go out to those effected by this storm, and all of the severe storms that have plagued our nation in the last few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I think all I can say is wow. These are beautiful and eery. What an amazing team you and nature made. I'm really glad you posted these.

    You are a talented man, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tess, you are too kind. I love the shapes and textures of clouds, and these were particularly dramatic, knowing the weather they were delivering. That was the actual color too, which only added to the eery nature.

    I am glad you liked them. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete