Sunday, June 26, 2011

30 Days of Close Ups

I have read a number of articles about photographers who take on a project involving the taking of photographs each day following a particular theme.  They may do this for a week, a month or a years.  Reading about these projects has inspired me to do the same.  The hard part was deciding what sort of theme to follow.

I have decided to take a close up picture each day for 30 days.  My goal is to capture a new, interesting perspective on everyday items.  My pictures will be close ups, not necessarily Macro shots.  This is due to my technical abilities and my equipment budget.  While I intend to take a picture a day, depending on my schedule I may not be able to post each day.

So, here we go:

Day 1

In my mind, the best subject to start a project of close up pictures with  is……. FUNGUS

P6250349

This was a small bit of fungus growing on the side of a stump at the campground I was at this weekend.  The whole thing was only about one inch long.

Day 2

The morning of my second day camping (and the second day of my project) was cool and dewy.  When I saw this young pine tree on our site, it just screamed to be photographed.

P6260517

Thanks for stopping by.  I will try to get my pics up daily, or at least every couple days.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I love the concept and the shots!
    Hard to believe they are so small. It really forces you to take on and appreciate even the appear details. Fantastic job ~ can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. This is going to be fun, and challenging. If all goes well there will be 28 more.

    ReplyDelete