Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Today America pauses to remember those who have given their lives in defense of their country.  Those men and women who have made the freedom we now enjoy possible. 

P5289986

Take a moment today to let the families of those who have gone know that you are grateful for what they have given us.

P5280023

P5280029

And do not forget those veterans that are still with us.  Whether they are old or young, they have fought for you, and are still fighting today.

P5280034

Remind your children what this day is all about.  Encourage them to honor our heroes.

P5280004

P5280021

Have a wonderful memorial day, and celebrate summer with your friends and family.  But while you enjoy your cookouts and camping…

P5290048

…take a moment to remember.

Memorial day 2010

I want to personally thank those heroes that have fought, and are still fighting today for our freedom.  And to those families that are honoring a fallen relative, know that you are not forgotten, because you have also made a sacrifice.  I thank all of you. 

Acknowledgements:  I would like to thank Floral Gardens Cemetery in Bay City, MI, and Boy Scout Troop 111 for allowing me to  document their good work.

2 comments:

  1. What lovely sentiments. It's nice to see someone remembering what we get to celebrate and ultimately why we get to do it. Freedom with a price and everyone should take a moment to remember and say thank you.

    Wonderful my friend. I love it.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tess. I have always felt strongly about this. I admire the Boy Scouts for taking the time on a weekend to decorate the graves. I have joined them many times in the past, and I consider it an honor to do so.

    ReplyDelete