Sunday, May 22, 2011

Scenes from Camping

After a long, cold winter, and a long wet spring, I finally got out with my family for the first camping trip of the year.  I woke up on Saturday morning to cool moist weather, with a slight haze to the air.

P5219601

After some coffee and a bit of breakfast, I was just itching to go out and take some pictures.  Or maybe it was just the mosquitos…

P5219671

The grass and dandelions were covered in dew.

P5219644

The field behind our campsite was filled with dandelions.

P5219648

There were many ferns, and including this young one, with the fiddleheads still unrolling.

P5219663

I have a lot more pictures from my camping trip, but I want to spread them out over a few days.  Come back soon for more shots.

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! You can tell how much you've missed being on "safari" with your attention to the most minute detail: the fog, dew, texture, all of it.

    Kudos my Dear. I love em!!
    I hope you had as much fun taking as I had viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more. It was very good to get out and search for art in the world. I made myself lay off the birds, so I focused (no pun intended) on the plants and flowers.

    Thanks for visiting. There are more where these came from.

    ReplyDelete