Sunday, June 20, 2010

Why I love Michigan – part 1, Harrisville State Park

Just thought I would show a few of the many reasons I love Michigan:

The Lake Huron shoreline

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sturgeon Point Lighthouse

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Babbling brooks

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           

The dwarf lake Iris

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Times are tough in this state that I love, and sometimes it gets a bad rap.  I just wanted to show a few bits of beauty that can be found here.  These pictures were all taken on a camping trip this weekend at Harrisville State Park.

Oh, and did I mention butterflies?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I love the shadow play for your butterfly. The iris and the brook are really indicative of the peace and serenity...just quiet. I also loved the beach shots; nice upbeat, happy. What a great grouping.

    You rock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. I really wanted to show the area at its best. Peace and quiet is exactly what it was like. I am glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete