Monday, March 29, 2010

Steve’s Adventures in Nayanquing, pt. 2

Yesterday I described my early morning adventures in the marshes of Nayanquing Wildlife Refuge.  Today I would like to share a few more photos.

As the sky became lighter, thousands of blackbirds took to flight.  This shot captures a flock as they exploded from a tree.

  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A view of the marsh, with some open water,  in the early morning light.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A robin was picking away at the fruit of a sumac.  She seemed quite content to let me take her picture.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And finally, an adorable downy woodpecker was kind enough to let me approach close enough for this picture.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Well, those are the highlights of my photo safari.  As spring settles in, I hope to capture many more images of the world around me.  I look forward to the flowers blooming, and the trees greening.  Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. These are spectacular. I've been only able to look and not comment (stupid work gets in the way of my playtime!) but I profess these are really awesome. I love the birds taking off and the puffiness of your woodpecker; such serenity and gentle moments. Really peaceful.

    You da man! Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when mundane things like work interfere with fun. You really are too kind to me. Flattery will get you anywhere, so keep it up! It was very fun to be there, alone, in a cacophony of birds, at sunrise. Thanks again Tess.

    ReplyDelete