Thursday, March 18, 2010

Disturbing Food Pictures

As a state food safety inspector I find myself in a lot of food stores. During the course of my inspections over the years I have come across quite a variety of interesting products. And now I share a few of these with you. These were taken with a point and shoot camera, in less than ideal settings, so the quality of some of them are not up to my usual standards.

For example, in the foreign food aisle of our local mega grocery, there is a small section of British products. Now, I know what this product is, and I am sure it is quite good. But did they have to name it that:


Now for a real education, read the ingredients from Potted Meat Product. By the way, beware of any food with "Product" in its name:


Waste not, want not. Be sure to use everything. And I do mean everything:



Thats all for today folks. Tune in tomorrow for more Disturbing Food Pictures!



1 comment:

  1. Sponge Pudding? Oh LORD! Now I've had pig's tail (tastes like bacon) but I can't imagine these others gracing ANY table during the Easter holiday. You need more than rosemary and olive oil triscuits to fix that hot mess!

    ReplyDelete