Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This Old House

I have been champing at the bit to get out and take some pictures to post, but certain forces have been working to prevent it.  Mostly my own laziness.  But I got to thinking, one of the main purposes of this blog is to encourage me to expand my horizons and to improve my techniques.  So I decided to give the birds and trees a rest and stay indoors, and capture some of the features of my 100+ year old house.

One of my favorite features are the old style pushbutton light switches…

P1292721

And the equally appealing chandelier.

P1292735

One of the biggest attractions to this house is the woodwork.  Unlike most of the houses in the area, it had never been painted over.

P1292744

I mentioned trying to improve my photographic techniques.  Well, you would be surprised just how challenging it is to get a decent picture of an old doorknob in a dark corner (I am still not perfectly happy with it).

P1292776

This is the large iron grate over the air return vent by the front door.

P1312778

Well, there you are.  People sometimes ask me what sort of pictures I like to take.  While I will always favor nature and wildlife, I enjoy photographing just about anything.  So I suppose I could tell people, I take pictures of just about anything and everything, except the kitchen sink…….

P1312786

OK, I take picture of everything.

Thanks for indulging me.  Come back again for a visit, its been fun.

2 comments:

  1. So many delicate intricacies. That doesn't exist much anymore with today's cookie cutters and shabby chic designs. I love the comfort and detail you have captured as well as a sense of romance. (though you HAVE mentioned the pitfalls of trying to fix something around the house) Or maybe I just love old houses. These are great and I'm glad you put them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. This was more an exercise in photo technique, but I am glad you enjoyed the result.

    ReplyDelete