Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oh deer!

The whitetail deer is very plentiful in my part of the world.  But despite their numbers, it has been very difficult for me to get a good picture of one.  Without ready, and legal, access to private land where they can be readily found, I am pretty much at the mercy of luck.  Well, during a recent drive on a very rural road, my luck turned good.  I saw two separate groups of deer.  The first were at the far side of a field, and began running away when I stopped the car.  The second group, a pair not too far off the road, were kind enough to pose for me while I got a good shot.  The weather was not clear, as it was pretty hazy, and cloudy.  They may not be “hang on the wall” quality, but I am still thrilled to have gotten these shots.

P1262694P1262696P1262697P1262701P1262710

I am hoping to get out more, and maybe expand my photo horizons.  Assuming of course, I can get my lazy butt out of my chair!  Stay tuned, more to come soon, I hope!

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I love the way the one stops to look at you. "pout Baby Pout!" They might have been skittish, but you did a fantastic job of capturing them. Love those tails! I sure hope you are proud. You should be! Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tess, I am proud. They turned out pretty good for a drive by. I just wish I was able to get out and stalk, and spend more time with them.

    ReplyDelete