Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Little Bit O’ Nature

Here is a quickie folks.  Just a couple shots from an afternoon birding walk I took with my wife over the weekend.

Ok, there is a story behind this little bird.  As I was trying to get a picture of it, he kept jumping from one branch to another, always getting closer.  He landed about three feet from me, and while I tried to focus, it jumped up and landed on top of my camera.  He then proceeded to hop onto my trigger finger.  Kinda hard to take a picture when the little twerp is on top of the camera!!

P1072626

This gray squirrel was watching us.  I guess the chipmunk was on vacation.

P1072635

The tower overlooking Tobico Marsh has reopened after being closed for several years over safety concerns.  Hurray!!  Here is a view from the top.

P1072636

Just a couple mushrooms on the side of a tree.

P1072643

Not much I am afraid.  As you can tell, it was a very dreary day.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Dreary? Nah. Not with you flipping that bird and your substitute stalking pal. You can't go wrong. I kind of like your tower shot. A little stark and lonely but there us something more; a little sun? Well, I live them anyway. They have an autumnal feel.

    I love em all the same. Great job. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. No, it was dreary. Very cloudy and dark. But that just makes the pictures a challenge. Well, that and the dang bird!

    ReplyDelete