Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Who let the frogs out……

What would a set of vacation pictures be without some frogs.  And in this case, toads too.  Here a few shots of some hoppy little friends I made.

This post is dedicated to my friend Tess, who is strangely attracted to toads.  Hmmmmm, still looking for Prince Charming?

This is my son Alex, who took over the job of Frog Whisperer from his older brother this year.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

More frogs…..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This little guy was up in the yard.  He was no more than an inch long.  Notice the drops of dew on the grass.  I have affectionately named him Microtoad.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I am sure you have heard of some mushrooms being referred to as toad stools.  Well, here is the reason why:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA             

I hope you enjoyed our visit with my amphibious friends.  Come back soon, I still have to do the birds!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I am truly honored you posted all of these. You know my favorite has GOT to be the mini man on the stool. They are too darn cute! And I am very happy to see Alex take on the important role of whisperer. I myself caught three today. They told me they'd heard of him... :)

    Still searching? heehee very funny. Do they eat cookies? I only like the princes that eat cookies.

    I smiled all the way through! These were great and made a tough day great. Thank you my friend. You're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked them. I thought of you the second I saw that toad. It was sooooo cute! By the way, I like cookies.....

    ReplyDelete