Monday, August 30, 2010

Morning in Michigan

I went with my family on another camping trip this past weekend.  As I usually do, I took a morning walk with my camera, through the campground and into the woods.  I love to see the world waking up.

Sunbeams streaming through the trees, showing the misty air.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Mist rising off the Rifle River.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Is it just me, or is this chipmunk following me around from campground to campground?  I swear I see him everytime.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Have you ever heard the expression “Chipmunk Cheeks”?  Now you know where it comes from.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

The moon was setting this morning, but still clearly visible over the trees.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

  1. These are peaceful and beautiful; such a wonderful walk you had. Now that stupid chipmonk; I wonder if he's stalking you? Cookies. I hear good stalkers like cookies. And WOW those cheeks were full! I don't know how there was anything left on the ground...lil piglet he is.

    Thanks for sharing. They made my Monday a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. I truly do believe he is following me. His plan is to drive me insane, by posing for a picture, then moving at the last second. I have proof of this in unusually high number of pics I have containing brown blur with stripes.

    ReplyDelete