Thursday, August 5, 2010

Eagles and Loons and Terns, Oh my!

Eagles

Several Bald Eagles have taken residence around our lake, including a couple of adults and two younger eagles.

One of the resident eagles, keeping watch from the oak tree in front of our cottage.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Soaring over the lake.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Perched in a tree across the lake.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Loons

Our lake is also home to a family of Loons. The two juveniles look almost like the parents by the time we get to the lake.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Loons in love.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Drying off the wings.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Coming in for a landing.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Capsian Tern

We were also lucky enough to see a Caspian Tern feeding on our lake.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Diving in for a fish dinner.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

  1. These are outstanding. I love the spray of the water, almost able to feel it. Your loons are beautiful, a favorite of mine. They are a soothing addition to any lake scene. Your eagle? There aren't words. Your close up is amazing; regal and noble as these huge birds are. I love the lean lines and clarity you've captured. I really love these. You're very talented my friend. I'm glad I stopped here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Tess. You are making me blush. I love to take pictures, and, obviously, birds are a favorite of mine. They are challenging, and I get so much satisfaction when I capture a good image. And to be able to share them makes it even more special.

    ReplyDelete