Saturday, July 3, 2010

Life At The River’s Edge

I took a walk to my favorite nature trails next to the Saginaw River, to see what life there is like in the summer.  One of the first bits of wildlife I saw was this wonderful Bald Eagle.  What better sight to see on this Independence Day weekend.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

In a quiet pool, set against some fallen logs, I found this duck and her ducklings.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A group of killdeer are hanging out on the shoreline.  They look relaxed here, but they are not happy with my presence.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This egret, on the other had, could not care less that I am there.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

Walking back along the trails, I found that the wildflowers are blooming.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Who is this hiding in the grass next to the trail?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A furry critter!  I cannot be sure, but I believe it was a muskrat eating some plants near the water.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           

Not all life along the river is pretty or regal, as you can see here.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I just wanted to share a few shots I took today.  I took several non-wildlife pictures too.  Stay tuned for those!

Thanks for visiting.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. You've got it all here. I'm always impressed with your bird picutres. You have a knack for getting their personalities: the snobby eagle, the skittish kildeer, your stoic egret.

    Your flowers always hold a daintiness, a beauty that is unique for each. I can see them flicking in the breeze and almost smell them.

    Now, if I was to take a mystery shot of a furry critter, it would probably be rabid and try to devour me.

    I love safari time.
    Thanks. These are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that mystery critter was rapid. He gave me a dirty look, growled, then ran off. Thank you as always Tess. The flowers were a delight to see and photograph. And the best part, they don't fly away or growl at you.

    ReplyDelete