Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tall Ships, part 2

I went to Wenonah Park yesterday to see the tall ships.  They are now tied up along the river, and a whole festival is taking place around them.  I arrived at 10, right at opening, and already there were a couple thousand people there.  You  can see the crowd lined up to get in.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Some folks really get into the spirit of the event.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

One of my favorites is the HMS Bounty

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Roseway

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

All the pretty ships in a row…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA            

The Europa, with other ships lined up behind it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I think I like the figurehead on the Europa better than the HMS Bounty’s.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Some of the ships were on the other side of the river.   Here is the Denis Sullivan…..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           

And the Playfair.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA            

Here is a panorama of the far side of the river, showing several ships on that side.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

  1. So majestic and regal; even Captain Hook and his pal there. It had to really be amazing to see all those ships together. What a great job you've done to capture the fun.

    ..and even the crowd.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! It was fun. I was only there a half hour, and the crowd was definitely swelling. I love the ships, they are very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete