Monday, July 12, 2010

Camping – again

Here are a few snapshots from our weekend camping trip.  Nothing special, just some random pictures I took.  We camped at the Outdoor Adventure’s Saginaw Bay Resort.  A very nice campground.

Our site was along the edge of the campground.  Shelby wondered what was making that noise in the trees.  I did not have the heart to tell her it was me.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The best part of camping – Breakfast!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here is the obligatory campfire shot

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This resort has a nice swimming and fishing pond, complete with fountain.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I took a walk along a trail that circles the campground.  I got a nice shot of a mushroom…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And this remnant of a tree stump, sitting in a spotlight of sunshine filtering through the trees.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

On Saturday evening, a number of thunderstorms rumbled all around us.  Fortunately, they all missed us. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope to get out on a real photo safari soon.  When I do, you know i will share them with you!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous time! I believe that is a "scout fire" I see the pyramid..very nicely done. You get a badge.

    Shelby looks to be pretty happy about it all; and besides, who doesn't like to go for a ride?

    I am always fond of your nature shots: your tree stump was beautiful. Great capture of light and shadow. I thought the storms rolling over was really pretty. Of course, when I see a mushroom, I always think of Fantasia with the little things dancing around ...

    I'm glad you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. Yes, Shelby really likes camping. And I get to take credit for the fire, it was dying until I took over. For my next badge I am trying for first aid and knots.

    I am glad you like the stump. I saw it and loved the shape. When I saw the sunbeam hitting it, I knew the shot I wanted. And it turned out great, if I may say so myself. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete