Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nature walk, part 2

Here are some more shots from my walk through the woods yesterday.  I have already shared the rabbit, and the squirrel that accosted me when I got home.  Today I will share some flowers, a tree and a grackle.

While I was looking over the stretch of cattails in the middle of this park, a group of grackles began to squawk and fly around me.  It would seem they were not too happy with my presence there.  I would not have minded if they would have stayed in one place for a while.  But no, they insisted on flying from branch to branch.  Finally one stopped to give me a dirty look, just long enough for a good picture.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

There were a variety of flowers along the trails, including wild strawberry and some shrubs I could not identify.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Speaking of flowers, the morning light was filtering in through the trees, and hit this dandelion seed head, making it glow.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And finally, I spied this tree with a vine on it.  Does anyone but me see a face in this tree?  I see the face of an owl in the side of the tree.  Perhaps the woods do have spirits in them.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2 comments:

  1. Pretty. Dainty. And yes I see the face. Nicely done. I love them! Your grackle even looks pretty. Hmm Who would have guessed?

    I'm glad you got out and had fun. It sure looks like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. It is fun, and relaxing, to go out in the morning to take pictures. Even if it is just a few blocks from home. There were so many birds singing, it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete