Monday, February 22, 2010

A Word About Squirrels

After returning from my photo safari on Saturday, I let the dog out to, um, take care of business. Soon she was barking to come in, and when I let her in I noticed a couple squirrels on the play set, harassing her. The seem to know just how long her tie out cable is. In my humble opinion, squirrels are pests. They harass the dog (the wimp), steal seed from my bird feeder, and dig up our garden bulbs. Yes, squirrels are pests. But they are cute pests. These were at least kind enough to pose for me while I took several pictures. I imagine in reality they were checking to see if I was going to refill the bird feeder. And you know what? They never thank me for the bird seed.

2 comments:

  1. Awww that's so NICE of you to have a playset for them...and SNACKS! This last one though, methinks he's considering mischief.

    Have great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All squirrels constantly consider mischief. It is in their nature. They are pests, varmints.

    ReplyDelete