Saturday, February 13, 2010

Creepy Crawlies

I have a thing for nature, in all it's forms. From a glowing sunset, to wild birds, grand landscapes, or even a simple flower. I am also fascinated by the tiny, and am working to learn to do close up photography. So it is only natural to combine those two loves and take pictures of those wonderful, beautiful creepy crawly creatures.

How can the frail looking wings of a dragonfly not be beautiful? The fine structure is amazing - only Mother Nature could design that.

Or a fuzzy little caterpillar? Who doesn't love those? Well, ok. Perhaps the gypsy moth is not the best example of a beloved lepidoptera. But the markings and color are still wonderful to see.

And yes, even the daddy longlegs has its own beauty. When seen close up, the the intricate structure becomes visible.

2 comments:

  1. Dragonflies are my all-time favorite! I love how you captured even the shadow of its wings. Beautiful! Who could deny that fuzzy is cute; even if it IS a gypsie moth. Now your spider? I admit there are details I've never noticed but still...creepy. Appropriate title. Just no bees...'Kay?

    I love your new blog. I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tess. And thanks for the encouragement to start this. I really enjoy it. Now if I can just keep coming up with ideas, I will be all set.

    ReplyDelete