Monday, October 17, 2011

Autumnal Scenes, part 1

Today my wife Wendy and I took a nice walk through the Bay City State Recreation Area to Tobico Marsh.  We missed the peak fall colors, due mostly to the 3 days of 25 mph + winds, but there were still plenty of reminders that Autumn was upon us.

Milkweed seeds about to take flight.

PA171765

A view over part of the marsh.  The sky was blue and the sun was shining.

PA171769

Cattails.

PA171775

This little guy is trying to warn us about winter.  Lets see….wide brown, harsh winter….no….the other way around……dang.

PA171780 copy

Sun shining through a leaf.

PA171830

Forest floor in Autumn:  Oak leaves, acorns and wintergreen berries.

PA171869

Thanks for visiting.  I have some more nice shots, but I will save those for the next time.

2 comments:

  1. I love em! The cotton is my fave with all the textures and the leaf. You are really good playing with light. The cat tails are great with their poohed up frizzy hair and the floor with that splash of color? Nice job!

    It's great to see you out and about. We benefit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite it being mid day, the low light helped a lot. Nice shadows to play with. I love the little things, and try to capture the shape, color, textures... Thanks Tess, I truly appreciate you encouragement.

    ReplyDelete