Monday, February 28, 2011

Tracks in the Snow

Recently, we have been finding evidence of a critter living in the vicinity of our house.  The second strongest evidence was found on Sunday morning when, as I let the dog out in the morning, I saw very interesting tracks in the fresh snow.  Whatever it is, it is low to the ground, as evidenced by the furrows it plowed with its body.  The tracks went all around our house, through the back yard, to the garage, and off to the neighbors yard.

P2278052-1P2278050-1P2278055P2278049-1

As I said, these tracks are pretty strong evidence that something is living nearby.  They are not the strongest evidence though.  That is reserved for another sign of the critter.

By the way, the critter is a skunk.  I am sure you can guess what the strongest evidence is.

Thanks for stopping by.  Maybe I will get lucky and will be able to get a picture of Pepe LePew.  If so, I will be sure to share it with you all.  After I deoderize myself, that is.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm Flower..."

    somehow I doubt if your lil critter is as cute although with those fluffy wide tracks and curious patterns everywhere, you never know.

    I'll send a case of tomato juice your way. Don't pet any strange striped kitties...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the worthy advice, and thanks for visiting. More tracks have shown up since then, but no odors. Lets just hope psychodog doesn't find the critter before I do!

    ReplyDelete