Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Bird In The Hand…

I took advantage of a clear but cold, post snow-storm morning to take a short trip to the State Park.  A leisurely walk down a wooded trail, and I soon realized that I was not the only one active this morning.  The birds were out in force, and were very happy to pose for me.

I see that people are not the only ones who need to worry about snow buildup on their homes.

P2057764

One of my favorite birds is the Tufted Titmouse.  A small group of them were quite friendly, and dropped in for a visit.  I am sure that was helped by the bird seed I brought with me.

P2057779P2057805

With the help of my birdseed, I was finally able to confirm that old saying.  Yes, a bird in the hand is in fact, worth two in the bush.

P2057822

I am sure this Red Bellied Woodpecker was not interested in my birdseed, but he did not mind my presence. 

P2057855

Neither did this White Breasted Nuthatch.

P2057896

Here are my friends the Chickadees again.  They followed me back to my car, still looking for handouts.

P2057900P2057903

I do not know who has been handfeeding the birds, but I am grateful that I they were tame enough to allow me to get such wonderful pictures.  Thanks for visiting.  I hope you enjoyed seeing them as much as I enjoyed taking their pictures.

4 comments:

  1. These were fantastic. I can't believe they were so eager to hang out with you; a true "Snow White" moment! I really think you captured some lovely personalities in these fine feathered friends. What a great morning!

    Thank you for getting these up. I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. I am quite proud of these. It was incredibly fun to have the birds flittering around me. Although I have to admit I got worried when the chickadees followed me back to my car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!! They were so fun, they had no fear at all. I am glad you visited. I hope to get out and take some more pics soon, now that the bedroom redecorating is almost done.

    ReplyDelete