Monday, March 31, 2014

Signs of Spring

After a long, cold winter, spring is finally returning to the Saginaw Bay region.  This past weekend I slipped out to one of my favorite wildlife areas, and captured a few pics.  The birds were pretty shy, so I had to zoom in a lot.  Some of the pics are not as clear as I would have liked, but hey, after this last winter I will take what I can get!

I think this guy may be a song sparrow, but they do all tend to look alike after a while.  I will classify this as a LBB (Little Brown Bird)

IMG_0967

This pair of Canada geese are wondering why the water is so hard…and cold.

IMG_0992

Speaking of cold water, I thought this little patch of ice was neat.

IMG_0994

I was thrilled to hear, and finally see, some sandhill cranes.  They never landed in a spot near enough for me to take a picture on the ground, but I did manage to get a couple in flight.

IMG_1001IMG_1015

And finally, one of my favorite signs of spring, the red wing blackbird.

IMG_1034

IMG_1042

No comments:

Post a Comment