Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Self Portraits

As a rule, I do not post pictures of myself.  After all, do people really want to log on to this site to see me?  Today however I will make something of an exception.  You see, I have not been able to do much photography lately, for reasons that will become apparent shortly.  I did, however have some interesting pictures taken of myself recently, so I have decided to share them.

Here is the first shot, a picture taken by my Chiropractor, Dr. Link.  I had gone in to see him for some neck pain.  The x ray he took of me is shown here:

P5139425

For comparison, here is an x ray of a “normal” neck.

normal spine xray

Well, after seeing some deformed vertebrae he sent me back to my regular doc, who ordered more “pictures”.  The picture he ordered of my neck, specifically an MRI, looked something like this (this in not my actually scan, but mine did look a lot like this):

 Sagittal cervical MRI of disc herniations at C4 and C5 disc spaces.

See how the spinal cord is pinched?  Here is what a normal spine should look like:

normal

Anyway, all of this led to a visit to the hospital, where yet another doctor worked some surgical magic on me.  The result is this final picture of me (take with a webcam, sorry for the poor quality):

Snapshot_20110830

I want to thank everyone for they prayers and kind wishes before, during and after my recent neck surgery.  Everything has gone very well, and I am recovering nicely.  A couple weeks in the neck brace, and some recuperation, and I will be back taking pictures in no time!

2 comments:

  1. There just aren't words. I wish you a speedy recovery and wonderful health after all this mess. Many hugs come your way.

    I await your talented return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my friend. The sad part is that now I have all kinds of time, but I really cannot be using a camera now. Lets hope that changes very soon.

    ReplyDelete