Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Gettysburg Quickie

Hi all, here are a couple pics from my trip to Gettysburg that did not really fit in with my earlier posts.

Our campground was very nice.  And they were very concerned for our safety!

Gettysburg Battlefield resort campground

Perhaps they need a sign for this lovely vine.  Anyone know what it is?

Gettysburg Battlefield resort campground

You know I could not let a wonderful flower like this go without taking a picture!

P7141443

Now to downtown Gettysburg, home of incredible history, wonderful people……And the ultimate in tacky business names.

P7131371 copy

I thought we would have a little fun tonight, with some random shots.  Thanks for visiting!  Oh, that lovely vine?  Poison Ivy.

2 comments:

  1. Ivy? Poison? Snapping turtles don't release? Oi! What a trip! It looks like a blast. I'm glad you took the time to share these great pictures with us. That flower is lovely and bee free. :) So we can have a buffet with that famous General? FABULOUS! I wonder if he was a finicky eater...you know...just gonna pick-at the buffet.... heehee. Jes kiddin. I love em. As always. Great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw quite a few things that were just too cute to pass up. I loved the way the campground posted no swimming in the pond. I never did see the snappers, though. And the buffet? I thought it was wonderfully tacky. You gotta love a tourist trap.

    Thanks for visiting Tess!

    ReplyDelete