Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chippewa Nature Center

I finally managed to get out for a safari this morning.  I went to Midland, Michigan, to the Chippewa Nature Center.  I have never been there before, but it is wonderful wooded area, with lots of wetlands, rivers, and history.

As you can see, it was a very misty, cool morning.  The mists were rising off of the Chippewa River.

PA166689PA166697

This little chickadee did not mind my presence at all.

PA166709  

The geese are preparing to migrate.  This group flew right overhead.

PA166695 

This one lone red leaf looked lonely, so I had to take its picture.

PA166699

HE’S BACK!!!!!!  This chipmunk is stalking me!!!  I see him every time I go out into the woods.  Well, this time I got his mugshot.

PA166685

It has been too long since I got out into the woods.  Thanks for visiting, and thanks for letting me share my pictures.

2 comments:

  1. The fog rolling off is absolutely breathtaking and an absolute new favorite. I can almost feel the chill.

    Your chickadee is precious as is your lonely lonely leaf. Hard to believe Fall is in full bloom.

    Now your little stalker is something else. He's everywhere and always up to no good. What's he hiding there....do you have your lenscap?

    These are wonderful. Quite a bright spot in a dull day. Thank you so much for sharing your gift and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. It was a beautiful morning, and yes it was chilly. But the animals were very cooperative. I cannot wait to go back and explore some more. I have a few more I may post soon.

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete