Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Autumn Walk

The trail led through the woods, the forest floor is carpeted with the red leaves of small woodland plants.PA306827

Three small wooden bridges cross low areas.  Watch out for the troll!

PA306872

I think I found where the troll lives.

PA306873

The marsh at the edge of the woods is alive with geese, taking flight as they prepare to move south for the winter.

PA306833PA306837

Turning back to return home, the path again leads into the woods.  A lonely birch adds contrast to the otherwise gray landscape. 

PA306846

And small openings in the trees make one wonder what magical creatures may live there.

PA306861

Thanks for joining me on my walk.  I certainly enjoyed it, and I hope you did too.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I love the old trees; very magical. You've certainly captured fall in full "bloom". I half exptect to see little gnomes (or at LEAST your stalking chipmonk) and fairies flitting about. These are great.

    Thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Yes, I finally gave him the slip. No chipmunks this time!!!

    ReplyDelete