Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring

Springtime in my favorite neighborhood park.  A few shots showing the return of life to the area.

The young leaves are starting to appear on the trees and bushes.

P3263112

Peek-a-boo!  I seeeee you!  Nothing says Spring like a robin.

P3263122

I am OUTA HERE!

P3263119

Robins may be the traditional avian harbinger of Spring, but I love the red-winged blackbird.

P3263127P3263161

Many trees have flowers that are not especially showy, but they are still nice to see.

P3263126P3263151P3263174

If you recall, the last batch of pictures I shared from this location showed several inches of fresh snow.  As pretty as that is, I must admit I prefer this type of climate.  Perhaps I am just getting old, but the warmer air suits me much better.

Thanks for visiting.  I am going to try to do a better job at posting in the future.  Thanks for you patience.

2 comments:

  1. Awww no worries my friend your work is worth the wait! I love it. We are stuck with some dreary weather ourselves so it is REALLY nice to see signs of spring and the beginnings of a great summer. Your robin and blackbird seemed pretty willing. I like all the different buds and shapes you captured. Can't wait to see them in bloom.

    Thank you my Dear. These cheer up even the rainiest of weekends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend. It was nice to go out on a pleasant evening. The birds did not pay too much attention to me, they were busy trying to find dates. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete