Monday, September 19, 2011

A bit of nature

Hi friends!  Wow, it has been a long time.  I have been laid up after some surgery on my neck, so I have not been able to do much picture-taking.  And on top of that, a week ago my camera died!

Well, I have taken advantage of this time to sort through pictures taken over the last several months.  I found a couple I thought worthy of sharing.  I hope you enjoy them.

Oh, my neck is healing very nicely, and my camera is in for repair, and should be back in 7 to 10 days.

Grackle by the water.

Grackle by the water 5x7

Deer in the brush.  Talk about camouflage!

P4258923

Sandhill Crane.  This bird was waaaaayy off in a field.  I had to really crop into it for this picture.  Not great, but still a fun pic.

Sandhill crane

2 comments:

  1. Well well WELL~ So nice to see you Sir! I have to say right off that the grackle is my favorite. I love all the textures and the reflection is superb. Now the deer are wonderful too all tucked away and snug. I enjoy how you've captured even the tufting in their fur. And I don't care how far away you were the crane is great. Those things can be rather large...and I imagine a bit cranky if approached.

    I look forward to having you back out roaming around on safari. I'm glad you are on the mend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much my friend. I have to say the grackle is my favorite too, by far. I expect to see it mounted and displayed at some point. Thanks for visiting, it is always a treat to see you here.

    ReplyDelete