Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday Morning at Nayanquing

After too many weeks, I have finally managed to get out for an early morning photo safari.  Yesterday morning I went to one of my favorite local haunts, Nayanquing Point Wildlife Area, north of Linwood Michigan.  I was a little early for the best of the spring migrant waterfowl, but I still found plenty of wildlife to photograph.

I spotted my first wildlife as I was driving into the area.  Ok, she is not exactly a puma, or even a bobcat.  But she is an animal.

P3198199

The low, direct light of the sunrise made for some interesting exposures, but I made the most of what I had.  Even backlit they way they are, these two mute swans make for a lovely picture.

mute swans unsized

I saw quite a few geese flying overhead, and even spotted this pair of swans flying into the wildlife area.

P3198231

Speaking of flying waterfowl, these two Canada geese decided to leave when I came to take their picture.

P3198208P3198209

This goose (and its mate, who is just out of the picture) appear to be much more willing to be photographed.  Don’t believe it, they were honking and squawking to no end when I was near.  Maybe they had cold feet?

Goose on ice 5x7

Thanks for stopping by.  I have some more pictures from a birding trip later that day with my wife.  I will hopefully get those up soon.  Stop by again soon!

2 comments:

  1. this is a fantastic photo! You should do a calendar of your photos...I'm sure there is a way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hmmmm that is an idea, a calendar. I will give that some thought. Thanks for visiting! I am glad you enjoyed the pics.

    ReplyDelete