Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sometimes, my job has its perks

Today my job sent me out on some back country roads, looking for a particular store.  I have learned when this happens to take my camera with me.  I did today, and was glad.

First, I came across a small flock of wild turkeys in a field, quite close to the road.

PB046893

PB046883

Later, I spotted a white tail deer at the very back of a field.  It really was too far away for a good picture, but I gave it a try and come up with this.

PB046896

It is not perfect, but I finally got my buck!

2 comments:

  1. It really cool that you had the opportunity for these shots. I like the turkeys ...so close and yet they are so nasty. I'm surprised you didn't include shots of your pecked body.

    And I love your buck. He seems so haughty. Beautiful animals done justice by you.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tess. I was secure in a car, with locked doors, so the turkeys could not get me. And the only reason the buck posed was because I was so far away. As usual, you are too kind, but I do thank you.

    ReplyDelete