Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vacation 2013, part 1–Tubing

Just got back from a week at the cottage.  Lots of pictures to share, but I thought I would start with some shots of my two boys, Will and Alex, tubing with girls from the cottage next door.

Heading out in the boat…

P7079309

Here come Alex and Will!

P7079327

Hi!

P7079331

Man overboard!  Will was the first to take a dunk in the lake…

P7079335

The rescue!

P7079343

Come on Alex, in ya go….

P7079346

Now it’s the girls turn….

P7079349

I would like to say that it was a successful trip, with no injuries.  However……..

One girl got a big bruise on her leg, the result of hard contact with another girls face.  Ouch.  And when Will took his spill (see above) he had a unfortunate run in with the tow rope.  A little first aid was necessary…

P7079354

Turns out Alex was the only one to come out unscathed.  But fortunately no one was hurt bad.  And Will’s leg is healing up quite nicely.

A special thanks to Ray for taking the kids tubing, they really did have a very good time.  I hope we end up at the lake at the same time next year!

Well that’s if for the nautical themed pics, for now.  I will return to my more traditional wildlife, bird and bug pictures shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment