Sunday, April 11, 2010

Nature walk

Wendy and I returned to Golsen Nature Park today, to see if our neighborhood eagle was around.  He (or she) did soar overhead, then flew around to land near its nest.  I was able to quickly snap one picture.  Not to clear, but it was all I could get. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

As we walked the trail, Wendy’s sharp eyes spotted another creature.  While I was looking up, searching for birds, she glanced down just in time to see this small garter snake.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Tomorrow I will post some pics from Alex’s science fair.  Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. The jealousy runs deep my friend. What an incredible shot for the eagle. It's majestic almost regal. I am never short of amazed at how big and graceful they are.

    Now "Hooray Wendy" for finding that lil dickens. Looks as if he/she is zooming right for your shoe. I'd have been so busy getting out of the way, I'd have missed the shot.

    Great pix once again. Kudos to you! You do such great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You? Jealous of me? You have a cottage, a lake, and....Otters!!!! Glad we can share our critters with each other. Thanks, as always, for the kind words.

    S.

    ReplyDelete